Patient Privacy and Your Health Information
It is important for us that you know your privacy rights under the law that protects your health information. Personal information simply means any information or data that can be used to distinguish, identify or contact you.
Security Measures to protect your Health Information
Who must follow this law?
• Hospitals, Clinics, Pharmacies, Doctors, Nurses, Medical Allied Professionals and other health care providers.
• Health Insurance companies Like PHILHEALTH, and accredited HMOs.
What Information we protect?
• Information your doctors, nurses and other health care providers as stated in your medical records.
• Conversations your doctor has with nurses and others regarding your care or treatment.
• Demographic Profile, Billing Information, and other health information encoded in the hospital system.
Know your Rights to your health information.
• To access a copy of your health records.
• To make any corrections of your health information.
• To receive a notice that tells you how your health information may be used and shared.
• To decide if you want to give consent before your health information can be used or shared for certain purposes, such as marketing.
Your information can be only used and shared:
• For your treatment and care coordination.
• To pay all stake holders involved in your health care.
• To inform family, relatives, friends or others you identify who are involved with your health care or your health care bills, unless you object.
• To comply and make required reports to the local and government monitoring bodies.
Without your written consent, we cannot:
• Give your health information to anyone.
• Use or share your health information for marketing or advertising purposes.
Information We Receive
We receive information in different ways through our website. We reserve the right to treat any information collected through this website as an electronic asset. Anonymous information refers to information that cannot be tied to a specific individual. Therefore these individuals are anonymous to us and the data we collect from them does not enable us to identify them in any personal way. All anonymous information we collect through our website is collected when your web browser accesses our website. When you surf the Internet, your web browser automatically transmits information about your preferences to our server every time you browse our web pages. The anonymous information collected by us through your web browser is used to improve our services to you. We will only know personally identifiable information about you if you choose to disclose information about yourself such as direct inquiries pertaining to availability of our services, doctors’ schedules and career opportunities.
Our website may contain links to other sites. These links are for your convenience only, and Angeles Medical Center Inc., makes no representations or endorsements whatsoever regarding such other sites. It is your personal responsibility to review the privacy policies of other sites carefully before providing any information.
If you believe your health information was used or shared in a way that is not allowed under the privacy law, or otherwise inaccurate, you may get in touch with our Data Privacy Officer through the contact details provided below:
Our Contact Details:Data Privacy Officer
641 Rizal St. Lourdes Sur, Angeles City, 2009 Pampanga, Philippines
Contact Nos. (045)-625-9411/9414
Changes and Updates with the Policy